The FLY-X3 Handheld Electronic Gimbal for Smartphone & Select GoPro HERO Cameras from ikan features a motorized 3-axis powered gimbal designed to keep your Smartphone level as well as isolate it from hand shake. The grip is machined from aluminum to fit your hand comfortably. The grip is hollow, and you insert the included CR123 batteries inside to power the unit. The bottom of the handle is threaded for 1/4"-20, and includes a removable lanyard holder, lanyard not included
The unit's clamp is lined with foam and holds most Smartphones securely using a spring loaded side panel to grip your device. The included accessory foam allows you to mount a GoPro HERO3 or other same size camera in the FLY-X3's clamp. The FLY-X3 stabilizes footage shot with your Smartphone, while allowing you to pan and tilt up to about 20°, depending on the weight of your Smartphone. It is not designed to hold your Smartphone perfectly still; rather it is designed to compensate for shake when moving and provide an organic-looking stabilized shot.
- Stabilized pan, tilt, and horizon.
- The FLY-X3 electronically stabilizes the pan, tilt, and horizon axes. The weight of the device you are stabilizing will affect the ability of the motors to stabilize your footage. The heavier the device, the more strain on the motors, which will lower the stabilization range. With a 7-ounce device, the range is approximately 20°.
- The machined aluminum handgrip is contoured for your hand, with relieved ribs providing grip in your hand. It is comfortable to hold for long periods of time, and features a 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole for attaching accessories such as the included lanyard holder (lanyard is not included), or for mounting the unit on a tripod or other support.
- With practice the stabilizer allows you to create smooth flowing shots that otherwise might suffer from camera shake. Once you become proficient with the FLY-X3, you can create smooth video selfies.
- Clamp your smartphone into the FLY-X3, hold it upright in your hand and turn it on. The FLY-X3 calibrates itself within 3 to 10 seconds.
- The included GoPro foam frame supports an optional GoPro HERO3 camera itself, without the protective housing, as well as any other GoPro or similar camera that shares the same dimensions. The foam frame is comprised of two pieces, a foam back, and a second sheet of foam with the cut out for your camera. The foam piece with the cut out features an adhesive back for attaching to the foam back piece. Your GoPro HERO3 fits snugly in the foam frame, and then you insert the foam frame into the clamp of the FLY-X3