This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The splashproof HDR-AZ1 Action Cam Mini from Sony is designed for capturing POV footage of adventures of all kinds. It features 1080p60 recording in the lower-compression XAVC S format at 50 Mbps and also offers a more compressed MP4 mode for extending recording times or to yield a file suitable for Web upload. In addition to video, it also takes 11.9-megapixel still photos with the option for single shot, burst shooting at up to 8 fps, and interval recording for creating time-lapse effects.
The camera itself is inherently water-resistant for use in the rain, snow, or situations where it might get splashed. For use in the water, it features the SPK-AZ1 waterproof housing which can be submerged safely as deep as 16'. Both the camera and the housing are adaptable to a wide range of mounting hardware. A universal 1/4"-20 tripod adapter and an adhesive mount are included and there are a number of separately available mounts that can be used with this camera and other members of the Action Cam line.
The HDR-AZ1 features Wi-Fi for live-viewing and remote operation using a smartphone or other mobile device, or the separately available RM-LVR2 Live View Remote Watch. It is also possible to live stream to the Internet when the camera is tethered to a mobile device that has an Internet connection. There camera records to SDHC or SDXC memory cards (XAVC S requires SDXC) and there is a micro USB port for transferring data to a computer as well as charging.
- Wi-Fi Enabled with NFC
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection means you can view a live image and operate the HDR-AZ1 remotely using a smartphone or other mobile device, or with the separately available RM-LVR2V Live View Remote Watch. It is also possible to live stream from the camera when it is tethered to a mobile device with an Internet connection. NFC technology means you can pair the Action Cam with an NFC-enabled mobile device simply by tapping the two together
- Compatible with RM-LVR2V Live View Remote
- The RM-LVR2V is a wrist-worn remote for Action Cams that allows you to view a live image from the camera as well as operate record start/stop, take photos, and more
- Zeiss Tessar f/2.8 Lens
- The Zeiss-designed Tessar lens features an ultra-wide 170-degree angle of view when in interval photo mode or with the SteadyShot feature turned off. The angle of view drops to a still wide 120-degrees with SteadyShot on. An f/2.8 aperture helps ensure the Action Cam receives as much light as possible when shooting under low-light conditions
- 1/2.3" Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- The HDR-AZ1's CMOS sensor features back-illumination, which moves the light-gathering circuitry to the back of the chip so that the photosites can be larger and gather more light
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- After the f/2.8 aperture and back-illuminated sensor, the BIONZ X image processor is the next most important feature in contributing to low-light performance. The processor also enables encoding video in either 50 Mbps XAVC S or high-efficiency MP4 compression while minimizing loss of detail and loss of dynamic range
- 50 Mbps XAVC S Recording
XAVC S records up to 1080p60 video in 50 Mbps, while wrapping the video in the widely supported .mp4 container for maximum compatible with playback and editing software. There is also an "MP4" mode which uses a much higher compression (3 to 28 Mbps) for extended recording times or smaller files that are more suitable for Web upload
Note: XAVC S recording requires an SDXC (Class 10+) memory card
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
With Active Mode, not only does the SteadyShot electronic image stabilization correct for X- and Y-axis shake, it also corrects for pitch and yaw. That is, if the camera angles changes slightly either up or down or side to side
Note: The FOV will be 120-degrees with SteadyShot engaged
- Interval and Burst Photo Modes
- The Interval Mode allows you to create time-lapse video, but capturing JPEG still shots 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds apart. There is also a high-fps burst mode, that takes photo bursts at 2, 5, or 8 fps
- SPK-AZ Waterproof Housing Included
- The included housing features a depth rating of 16' for shallow underwater use, and will also serve to protect the Action Cam from snow, rain, mud, dust, and more. There is a record start/stop button built into the top of the housing
- Flexible Mounting Options
- The HDR-AZ1 includes an adhesive mount as well as a 1/4"-20 tripod adapter. In addition, there is a range of accessories for the Sony Action Cam line to cover nearly any scenario. These include helmet mounts, cap clips, handlebar mounts, suction cups, harnesses, and more