The SR-16, a stereo drum machine featuring stereo samples, is an easily programmable, portable and affordable instrument. The sounds are clean, well recorded, and useful; nothing esoteric here, but a drum sounds like a drum, and, with the Dynamic Articulation functionality embedded in the pads, responds like one as well.
The SR-16 has a nice feel not always associated with a 96 PPQ resolution, and the pattern presets were composed and played in by actual DRUMMERS, who've imparted some genuine musicality and usefulness to what are often odiously lifeless little demos. Those who are novices will appreciate the instant grooves, those inclined to roll their own will appreciate the intuitive design and responsiveness of the machine as a musical instrument.
A 7-position panner is available for a nice stereo spread, and the MIDI implementation is appropriate. The sounds are served seasoned and sampled with cushy reverbs, or dry, for console processing, and sent to a pair of assignable 1/4" stereo outputs.
There's no obsolescence built into well recorded musical sounds, which is one of the reasons why this machine has been around for....a while, so, anyone from a solo clubdate performer to a songwriter or programmer will probasbly be using the SR-16 for a while, too.
- Proprietary Dynamic Articulation Velocity Sensivity of Pads changes Drum Tone and Response according to intensity of dynamic at which pad is played
- Clean, Realistic, Usable Stereo Samples
- Presets performed by Professional Drummers
- Easily Operated and Programmed
- 7-position programmable Panning for more specific Sound Placement in Stereo Field
- Generously assigned button allocation for fast navigation
- Pads MIDI assignable as triggers