The Shure FP33 3-Channel Stereo Mixer is a field mixer rugged enough to handle the elements and flexible enough for professional working environments. It is suitable for electronic news gathering (ENG), field production (EFP), film, television and recording for sound design. The FP33 features 3 XLR inputs and left/right XLR outputs. The inputs and outputs can be switched between mic and line level signal. There are additional 3.5mm Monitor and Tape connections as well as both 1/4" and 3.5mm headphone outputs.
The FP33 has panning and level controls on channels 1-3, and the headphone monitor dial provides monitoring of either left or right, dual mono, or stereo signal. Both 48V and 12V phantom power are available and two 9 volt batteries provide up to 8 hours of use. The FP33 can also use AC power from a Shure PS20 or PS20E power supply.
The FP33's Mix Bus output jack allows users to cascade multiple FP33 mixers for simultaneous use, and the professional analog VU meters have proven much more durable against the elements than LED, LCD, or fluorescent meters. The VU meters feature timed or toggled backlighting and are multifunctional. There's also a built-in tone oscillator for calibration needs, and the Monitor In and modified Slate Mic/Tape Out jacks can be used for 2-way isolated talk back.
- High Quality Inputs and Outputs
- The FP33 features balanced XLR inputs and outputs, switchable between mic and line level signal. In addition the FP33 features 3.5mm Monitor input and Tape output jacks.
- Quiet Audio Signal
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs result in superior rejection of RFI and electromagnetic hum.
- 48 and 12 Volt Phantom Power
- Both 48 and 12 Volt Phantom power is supported allowing up to 8 hours of use on two 9 Volt batteries.
- Mix Bus Output
- The Mix Bus output jack allows users to cascade multiple FP33 mixers for simultaneous use. Also allows tandem use with the Shure FP32A.
- Professional VU Meters
- Professional analog VU meters are more durable against elements than LED, LCD, or fluorescent meters. The meters feature timed or toggled backlighting and are multifunctional.
- Built-In Tone Oscillator
- The FP33 provides a 1kHz test tone oscillator for calibration of tape machines, meters etc.
- Isolated Two-Way Talk Back
- Isolated two-way talk-back using Monitor In and modified Slate Mic/Tape Out jack.
- 4 Headphone Monitor Modes
- Headphone Monitor switch allows monitoring of Left, Left + Right (Mono), Right and Stereo audio signals. Perfect for isolating either "mid" or "side" signal when using stereo microphones.
- Compact Rugged Design
- The Compact rugged plated metal chassis is made to withstand extreme heat and cold for full operation under harsh conditions.
- Dynamic range greater than 100dB
- Wide range input gain controls handle hot signal levels
- Link switch gangs inputs 2 and 3 to control a stereo microphone
- Switchable low-cut filters on each input
- Bi-color LED signal presence and peak indicator for each input
- Dual-clutched Master gain control for versatile output level adjustment
- Bi-color LED limiter and peak indicator for each output
- Two linkable output peak limiters with adjustable thresholds and release times
- Slate microphone and slate tone with selectable functions
- Mixer/Monitor In switch (locking and momentary)
- Internal Monitor defeat switch for split-feed headphone operation
- 1/4" and 3.5mm headphone outputs
- Regulated voltage rails provide exceptional headroom
- Battery check switch and low battery warning LED
- External power operating range of 12 to 30VDC
- Rugged, plated metal chassis
- Operates for 8 hours on two 9 V alkaline batteries
- Includes carrying case, shoulder strap, and mix bus cable
- Customized operation via internal DIP switches, trim pots, slide switches, and optional jumpers