The American made Beseler 23CIII-XL Variable Contrast Enlarger is one of the world's most popular medium format enlargers. Well over half a million have been purchased since it first became available in 1955. Many have been in near continuous use by schools, government agencies and businesses, and countless others have been handed down from father to son, to granddaughter, like the well-loved family possession that it has become.
The Variable Contrast Lightsource that is supplied with this enlarger features simple, one knob adjustment for continuously variable contrast of -0 to +5. This versatile Lightsource also permits the user to store and to retrieve the contrast characteristics of up to three different brands of V-C paper in individually selectable channels. The Lightsource is interchangeable with the Dichro 23 Colorhead (No.8133-02) and with Condenser lamphouse (8131-020).
The extraordinarily rigid, extra-long twin-girder construction of the 23Clll-XL helps to reduce transient vibrations, which can detract from image sharpness.
Note! This item is ONLY wired for 230V, European voltage. It does not contain a lens, lensboard or lenegative carrier
- Quality die-cast construction
- Switches between the contrast characteristics of up to three different well known brands of variable contrast paper
- Extra long girder for bigger enlargements on the oversized baseboard
- Robust, quadra-braced twin-column construction for twice the support
- Lens stage tilts for special effects and distortion correction
- Projection assembly tilts up to 90°
- Positive rack-and-pinion elevation system with lock with convenient left or right focusing controls.
- Accepts sturdy, spring-loaded, aluminum alloy negative carriers that can be revolved for precise image positioning, as well as accepting the Beseler Rapid-shift 35mm and 120 Nega-trans film carriers
- Snap-in, quick change metal lens boards, with a swing-out below-the-lens accessory holder