The Canon ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter is a dedicated E-TTL (II) wireless autoflash transmitter that can control an unlimited number of flashes with Canon Speedlites 420EX, 430EX, 430EXII, 550EX, 580EX and 580EX and 5D Mark III in two separate groups; A and B.
The ST-E2 sets and controls all functions of its slave units. The flash output ratio between groups A and B can also be adjusted from 8:1 to 1:1 or from 1:1 to 1:8.
Under low-light or low-contrast conditions it emits an AF-assist beam linked to the camera's focusing points.
Note: 420EX/430EX cannot be used as the master slave to trigger other flashes.
- Compatible Canon Speedlites 420EX, 430EX, 430EXII, 550EX, 580EX and 580EX II
Compatible Cameras: Type A EOS cameras (E- TTL, autoflash); type B EOS cameras (Manual flash).
Compatible models include: EOS 1D Mark II N, 20D/60D/70D EOS-1Ds MARK II, EOS 5D Mark III, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6, PowerShot G7 and PowerShot G9
- Flash Ratio Control: For A:B ratio: 1:8 to 8:1, in half- step increments or 13 steps
- High- Speed Sync (FP flash): Enabled with high-speed sync mode
- Slave Operation Confirmation: With test transmission button. *Slave A fires followed by slave B at 1/64 output
- AF-assist Beam: Compatible with EOS-3's 45-point Area AF and 28mm and longer lens focal lengths
- SE Feature: While the power switch is set to I or HOLD, the transmission turns off automatically after about 90 sec. of non-use