The Schneider 90mm f/4.5 Apo Digitar N Lens is a telephoto large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction. This version of the lens is mounted to a conventional Copal #0 shutter.
The 90mm Digitar is appropriate for use with backs as large as 63x63mm, and upon such backs it will capture an image area similar to that of a 80mm lens upon a 6x6 format camera. It is an ideal general purpose lens for both field and studio work, remaining sharp at a broad range of reproduction ratios. Its 90mm image circle size remains at all apertures, even f/4.5, and because the image circle never shrinks it can also be used in front of 6x7, 6x6, and 645 format film backs to provide superior image quality versus any medium format SLR lens.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Digitar is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 63x63m
- Apochromatic color correction for excellent edge delineation across entire field
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 90mm image circle
- Lens coverage remains identical at all apertures, including f/4.5 maximum aperture
- Can be used with 6x7, 6x6, and 645 film backs to provide superior image quality
- Mounted in conventional Copal shutter
- Telephoto view with uniform 53° coverage
- Ideal working aperture range of f/4.5-11
- Accepts 40.5mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras