The U5 is a Pure Class A instrument DI and preamplifier. Designed to optimize signal integrity and musical performance, the U5 is ideal for bass guitar and acoustic instruments, electric guitars, keyboards, synthesizers and low output pickups.
The U5 combines a unique passive tone selector with a variable gain preamplifier and filter. The high input impedance accepts a wide variety of signal levels. Features include a state-of-the-art, high input impedance input stage for zero load effect on sensitive pickups and keyboards, 100% discrete and Pure Class A signal amplifiers. Six passive tone-EQ curves are also included to enhance a variety of acoustic and electric instruments.
A high-cut switch eliminates unwanted acoustic pickup and high frequency noise, while a headphone monitor amp has been included on the U5 for personal listening. Twin DC coupled Class A output amplifiers drive both low level microphone preamplifier inputs and high level +4dB inputs for direct to tape recording or processing. The "active-to-thru" switch selects either the instrument input directly or sends the boosted-equalized signal to the amplifier via the front panel jack. A ground isolation switch eliminates any possible earth loop or AC buzz problems with complete safety.
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Variable gain preamp to +30dB
- Dual microphone and line outputs
- Very low noise
- High headroom
- Six tone bank selections
- DC coupled Class A output for superior bass
- High cut switch eliminates noise
- Headphone monitor output jack
- High level 400 watt speaker input
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- Internal toroidal power supply for low noise