The Avalon V5 Pure Class A Microphone Preamplifier (Silver) is an ultra-high performance preamplifier, instrument DI, and all input RE-AMP.
Each element of the Avalon V5 is specifically catered to the source. It has separate XLR mic, XLR line, TRS line, and 1/4" Hi-Z inputs for optimal impedance loading. The switchable input pad features variable attenuation, depending on the input that is being used.
Rather than providing just the bare minimum of a low cut filter, Avalon has included a selectable TONE BANK of 10 input-EQ curves. Additionally, to combat high-frequency noise from instrument pickups, a separate high cut filter of -3dB at 3.7kHz can be engaged.
The versatility continues all the way to the output section, featuring balanced XLR and TRS outputs and RE-AMP/thru outputs. To take it one step further, Avalon has included a 1/4" headphone jack... allowing you to record and perfect DI guitar or bass tracks silently, and RE-AMP them later, concentrating only on your tone.
The Avalon V5 starts as a boutique microphone preamplifier, but that's really just the beginning of what it can do. It has the versatility and feature set to serve as single channel analog front-end for any audio source.
- Versatility and connectivity
- Dedicated inputs and outputs for any kind of analog source material. A polarity switch is also included.
- Source-specific features
- The Avalon V5's operation modifies slightly to optimally handle each type of input.
- 10-setting TONE BANK
- Choose from 10 different input-EQ curves to keep the signal you need and eliminate what you don't.
- RE-AMP capability
- RE-AMPing has quickly become a standard practice in electric guitar and bass recording. V5 is one of the few high-end audio preamplifiers to offer it onboard.