The Rode Classic II Microphone is Rode's flagship studio microphone. The Classic II incorporates tube warmth and solid state output circuitry for an audio quality that delivers vintage warmth and richness on vocals and instruments, while minimizing noise. The Classic II packs a feature set that rivals tube condenser microphones at double the cost.
The 1-inch dual diaphragm provides a wide frequency response and 9 user switchable polar patterns (switched from power supply). 9 variations of omni-directional, cardioid and figure of 8 are all user switchable and enhance flexibility. A 2-position high pass filter switch eliminates low frequency noise and proximity effect @ 20Hz in -15dB and -21dB octaves. In addition the Classic II features a 2-position -10dB and -20dB pad switch for increasing headroom while capturing transient peaks. The Classic II is a viable solution for vocals and instruments in professional and project studio environments.
- JAN-6072 Valve and Custom Jensen Transformer
- The combination of tube warmth and solid state output technology result in warm, vintage audio quality with low noise floor.
- Multiple Polar Patterns
- Nine variations of cardioid, omni-directional and figure-eight patterns are user switchable.
- Switchable High Pass Filter
- The Classic II features a low-frequency roll off switch at 20Hz. Users can switch between 15dB and 21dB Octaves.
- Switchable Pad
- 2-position -10dB and -20dB pad switch provides added headroom when capturing transient signals.