The Sony GVD-200 Digital-8 Walkman is a compact and portable Walkman for playing, recording, and editing your footage. It offers 20-segment Assemble Editing, using Infrared signals that are compatible with a wide array of consumer camcorders and VCRs, as well as LaserLink IFT-R20 Wireless Transmitter System, SP and LP Record/Playback speeds, i.LINK DV Interface (IEEE-1394), 16-bit or 12-bit PCM Audio, Frame Advance, crystal clear Still and Slow Motion, Index Titler and Time Code. The GVD-200 is a backward compatible VCR allowing the Hi-8 and 8mm tape playback.
Audio recording is a standard PCM Stereo Audio, with a 96db dynamic range. Both 12 and 16-bit audio modes are provided. Its Sony i.Link DV interface provides high-speed, bi-directional digital linking between camcorders VCRs for digital-to-digital editing, unmatched versatility, and performance.
The GVD-200 also has standard analog inputs, an index titler, and a built-in assemble editor function to mark and cut 20 different scenes. The Control L connection joins camcorders, VCRs, and editing controllers for precision control and ease of use during editing/dubbing.
The GVD-200 has 2x Playback/Playback Zoom to allow high-speed playback in forward and reverse, enabling you to zoom into selected areas of the video for a superb editing option. During recording, an automatic circuit helps reduce digital noise. The GVD-200 also has a Time Based Correction function, which replaces the video signal with a clear sync pulse so that timing errors commonly seen as jitter in home videos are corrected.
- Digital-8 Video Recording: Records digital Video and Audio on a standard 8mm or Hi-8 tape. The Digital-8 technology delivers a richer and more accurate picture quality than the analog 8mm or Hi-8 format. With the Digital-8 format Sony's strategy is to ease the video transition from analog to digital by increasing the capabilities of the 8mm/Hi-8 tape format. The main benefits of the Digital-8 recording is the Digital picture with PCM Sound quality.
PCM Stereo Audio: Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) recording for an incredible 96db dynamic range.
The Digital-8 provides two audio recording modes 12 and 16 bit. 12 bit creates two sets of stereo tracks, and 16 bit mode offers one pair of stereo tracks.
- i.Link DV Interface: (IEEE-1394) The i.Link DV In/Out interface (IEEE-1394) provides a high-speed, bi-directional digital link between camcorders or VCR's for digital to digital editing, which delivers unmatched versatility and performance.
- Analog Input: In addition to DV Interface, they feature Composite (RCA) and S-Video input and output for compatibility with Analog equipment. A headphone jack is included, as well.
- Titler: Index Titler lets you create custom titles (22 characters), 2 sizes, 7 colors, 9 positions, or 8 preset titles (Happy Birthday etc.)
- Editing: The built in Assemble Editor lets you mark cut in and cutout points for up to 20 separate scenes. Use the Video Walkman as your source VCR, while controlling almost any remote capable camcorder or VCR, via Infrared as your recorder. To use the Video Walkman as your recorder.
- Control L (Lanc): Connects camcorders, VCR's and editing controllers for precise control and ease of use during editing or dubbing.
- 2X Playback and Playback Zoom: 2X playback zoom allows for high speed playback in forward and reverse, and playback zoom enables you to zoom into selected areas of the video for a superb editing option.
- Digital Noise Reduction When recording, this automatic circuit helps to reduce chromatic noise by up to 20 percent.
- Time Based Correction (TBC) By replacing the video signal with a clear sync pulse, timing errors that are commonly seen as jitter in home videos are corrected.