The Gossen Starlite has a compact, ergonomic, all-weather design for use in any climate. Attractively styled, this meter is comfortable in shape and size to hold and operate. The simple operating controls, which are logically positioned, make the meter easy to understand and use both for the experienced professional and the dedicated amateur.
In either spot or incident, the Starlite reads cord, cordless, or multiple flash, ambient or combination light for fill flash calculation. The large, easy to read LCD display has an electro-luminescent backlight which automatically turns on in low light.
Variable Spot Readings
The Gossen Starlite switches from a narrow angle 1 or 5° spot meter to full function incident meter with 270 degree swivel head and dual position retractable lumisphere.
The Starlite offers: Dual ISO settings, memory, averaging, brightness difference, and pre-settable DIP switches for readout in 1/2 shutter speeds, EV, multiple flash and shutter or aperture priority and a complete range of cine speeds from 2 to 360 f.p.s. for motion picture use.
- Water resistant housing with rubberized edges
- Automatic background illumination of display at low light levels
- Second ISO film speed (Polaroid) capacity; based on the measuring result obtained for the ISO 1 setting, the corresponding values for ISO 2 will be automatically calculated and displayed
- Zone System measurements and direct readout on the zone scale
- Ambient and flash modes (digital and analog); 1 or 5° adjustable spot measurement
- Shutter speeds exposure times in full or half stops
- Adjustable cine speeds