The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM Lens from Canon utilizes multi-layer diffractive optical (DO) lens technology to correct chromatic aberrations, substantially reduce lens size and provide excellent overall telephoto image quality. This offers an alternative for sports, nature and wildlife photographers, giving exemplary results in a size previously unheard of for a lens of such a focal length and aperture.
In addition, Image Stabilization provides up to 2-stops of correction against camera shake for less blur when using slower shutter speeds. Furthermore, with two distinct stabilization modes are featured. Mode 1 is best used with still subjects while Mode 2 is optimized for panning with moving subjects. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables fast, smooth and quiet AF action and the AF stop buttons allow you to temporarily pause autofocus. Also, to minimize autofocus time with specific subjects, a focusing range limiter function lets you set the distances at which the lens will focus and with manual focus override, you can apply precise manual focus at any time, even in AF mode.
With a barrel constructed of magnesium alloy, the lens is designed to be lightweight and durable and a tight seal structure ensures effective dust-proof and drip-proof performance. A detachable, rotating tripod collar provides a stable mount to tripods or monopods and the drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder 52 comes with a glass filter and fits standard gelatin filters. This lens includes a dedicated lens hood and hard carrying case and is compatible with the optional EF 1.4x II and EF 2.0x II extenders.
- High-diffraction optics suppress aberrations and provide class-leading low size and weight
- Two-stage image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only(for panning)
- AF Stop function pauses autofocus when an obstruction appears
- Two-stage focus limiter function allows focusing within a range of 11.5' to infinity (full range) or 26.2' to infinity.
- Full-time manual focus override
- Dust & moisture resistance made exceptional by magnesium alloy lens barrel, tight seal structure and new rear gasket at lens mount
- Detachable, rotatable tripod collar and drop-in gelatin filter holder