The Blue Mouse is a cardioid pattern studio condenser microphone designed for vocal and general instrument recording. The cardioid pattern effectively minimizes off-axis sound, reducing noise caused by room ambiance, monitors and other instruments. The capsule employs Blue's single-membrane design and features a 6-micron thick mylar film, sputtered with a mixture of gold and aluminum and tensioned to hand-built brass backplates. The end result is transparent sonic quality while handling high sound pressure levels. This makes the Mouse ideal for recording drums and percussion as well as vocals, brass, guitar and stringed instruments. Whether seeking the perfect placement to achieve the highest sonic quality or miking in difficult spaces, the rotating capsule and compact design make mic placement quick and easy.
- Cardioid Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes off-axis signal caused by room ambiance, mechanical and instrument noise as well as monitors.
- Dual Shock Mounting
- The Mouse features internal shock mounting in the grill and at the rotating axis of the grill. It also includes an external shock mount for additional support and isolation.
- Pressure-Gradient Diaphragm
- The Mouse features a pressure-gradient diaphragm with a 6-micron thick mylar film, sputtered in gold and aluminum and tensioned on hand-built brass backplates.
- Rotating Capsule
- The Mouse features a rotating capsule, ideal when miking in difficult spaces as well as achieving optimum recording quality.