The Elinchrom FreeLite A Flash Head is dedicated to the new Elinchrom Ranger battery-powered pack. It is an ideal choice for anyone requiring the shortest possible flash duration. It features Elinchrom's unique short flash duration flashtube, capable of 2400 w/s output and designed to withstand the heating stresses associated with rapid full power shooting.
The Free Lite A features a 16', low resistance power cable, modeling light switch and safety fuse.
Elinchrom's extensive line of reflectors, softboxes, accessories are compatible, and available separately. This is a flash head only. It requires an Elinchrom Ranger Power Pack.
- Compact Design
- Compact and lightweight, fitting into standard existing Elinchrom cases.
- Changeable Reflector
- Elinchrom standard bayonet, plus additional security breech lock. Accepts all Elinchrom/Prolinca accessories since 1974.
- Modeling Lamp Switch
- Features a switch to turn the modeling light on or off.
- Asymmetric Distribution
- Even though the Ranger Power Supply has symmetrical distribution only, the photographer is able to achieve a 2:1 ratio between the "A" and "S" series of heads. This works because the "A" heads have a duration up to 1/3250 second while the "S" heads have a duraton up to 1/1600 second. The "A" head is twice as fast, and draws twice the energy of the "S" head creating a 2:1 ratio.
- Umbrella Socket
- Centralized umbrella socket for optimized and even light distribution.