Due to all the stray electronic fields inside a computer, traditional thinking concerning the housing of the analog and digital converters on the audio card has held that doing so degrades the final audio product. And while it is still preferable to have external converters, great strides have been made in shielding the electronics on audio cards from the brutal environment of the computer. Thus the Delta 1010-LT can offer professional performance and provides features like 24-bit 96kHz recording, zero latency monitoring and digital mixing at a very attractive price point.
The Delta 1010-LT offers all of the interface features required to record music on a computer, including eight analog inputs and outputs, including two XLR microphone inputs with preamps, S/PDIF digital input and output, MIDI I/O, and wordclock in and out. The Delta Control Panel software can set and fine-tune the input line level, so that the XLR inputs can be set to receive a balanced line or a microphone level signal, eliminating the need for an outboard microphone preamp. The S/PDIF input will interface with equipment such as DAT players, CD players and recorders, DVD or Mini Disc, and offers control over the SCMS copy protection protocol.
The Delta 1010-LT outputs can be connected to an external mixer or sound system, while the S/PDIF output can simultaneously feed a digital mixdown deck. The Delta Control Panel Software also controls a hardware mixer embedded in the PCI card, giving still more routing and mixing control. The MIDI I/O will communicate with MIDI controllers and sound modules, while wordclock capable devices will function with rock-solid sample clock synchronization.
All Delta audio cards feature drivers for Windows XP, 2000, ME, 95/98, and NT, ASIO, Direct Sound, EASI, Multi-client 95/98/ME and Multi-card drivers for all Windows OS, Gigasampler, Mac Sound Manager and Mac ASIO and ASIO2.
- 10 x 10 24-bit/96khz full-duplex recording interface
- 8 x 8 analog I/O, balanced on XLR and unbalanced on gold-plated RCA connectors, with output line level adjustments selectable within the Delta Control Panel
- The two balanced analog inputs can be set via hardware jumpers to accept microphone level signals or line level signals
- Comprehensive digital mixing, routing, and monitoring capabilities with included Delta Control Panel software
- S/PDIF digital I/O supports a variety of settings,including AC3 or DTS surround (PC only) and copy protection schemes,which can be set via the Delta Control Panel
- External synchronization up to 100kHz via word clock I/O on BNC connectors
- MIDI I/O on standard DIN jacks
- Hardware sample-accurate sync links multiple Delta 1010s
- Windows XP,2000/ME and 95/98 multi-card, multi-client drivers with ASIO1 and ASIO2 multi-card, GSIF and EASI drivers included. Windows NT multi-card drivers also included
- Mac OS 10.1 drivers available