The Audio-Technica AT4040 is a large diaphragm, cardioid capacitor microphone designed for use in the most demanding recording applications. Intended for vocal and general instrument recording (piano, guitars, string instruments etc.), the microphones cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis signal reducing ambient and residual noise and delivers pristine low-noise recordings. The AT4040 has an integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The high-pass position reduces the microphone's sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid Polar pattern effectively minimizes off-axis signal, reducing residual noise caused by instruments, ambiance etc.
- Quality Element and Baffle
- The Audio Technica AT 4040 features a gold plated element and nickel-plated brass element baffle, providing pristine audio fidelity with a very low noise floor.
- Transformerless Circuitry
- In addition to the element, the transformerless design ensures even less noise and best possible presence.
- Shock Mount
- The AT 4040 features the AT 8449 spring loaded shock-mount providing maximum protection against noise caused by shock and handling of the microphone and stand.