The Toyo-Field 45CF is an impressive mix of large format capabilities and affordability combined in an ultra-lightweight housing. Toyo, the leader in field and rail large format cameras, designed the new 45CF field camera based on classic design elements from proven workhorse cameras, such as the legendary Speed/Crown Graphic and Toyo 45AII and AX series.
When every ounce counts, the 45CF is the perfect choice for on-location 4x5 shooting. Utilizing lightweight Polycarbonate/carbon-fiber material, the 45CF is up to 40% lighter than equivalent metal field cameras without compromise in stability. Compact and portable, it can easily be stored in a backpack or camera bag, yet it's tough enough to handle the challenges of field or studio work.
The economically priced 45CF is the ideal choice for beginners looking for the image quality and control of large format. It's also an attractive solution for the professional on-the-go, who needs reliable results with the benefits of a lightweight, compact system.
Camera movements include front standard rise and fall, tilt, swing and shifts, along with drop-bed adjustment, offering control of depth-of-field, perspective and distortion. The 45CF includes a versatile tapered bellows, which provides extensive front standard movements while enabling compact bellows compression for portability. A full range of focal length lenses ranging from a 90mm wide angle to a 400mm telephoto, are fully compatible when mounted on a flat lens board with the 45CF. A unique lens window shows which lens is mounted without the need to open the camera.
The front standard offers rise, swing, tilt and shift. The rear offers tilt and swing. With these controls, correction of distortion, adjustment of depth-of-field, and manipulation of selective focus are all possible. Tilting the lens stage forward or backward will extend the plane-of-focus far beyond the effects of using small lens aperture. For ultra close-up photography, the extended bellows provide macro magnification capabilities without the need for accessory extenders or macro lenses.
- Lightweight, compact, all polycarbonate/carbon fiber folding field camera.
- Compact folding design. Most compact lenses can be stored on-camera and do not need to be removed before closing.
- Stainless Steel, Aluminum die cast hardware.
- Vertical/Horizontal reversible back.
- Rack and pinion, front bed focus with locking lever.
- Drop bed capability for use with ultra-wide angle lenses..
- Calibrated front bed for use with infinity stops.
- Front standard movements all have default markings or detents.
- 14" maximum bellows extension.
- Built-on accessory shoe.
- Includes both 1/4" and 3/8" tripod sockets.
- Accepts many Toyo 4x5 system accessories.