The Lambda is a "Nodal Swing Head" ideally suited for 35mm film cameras fully equipped with long lenses, matte-box and extra large magazines.
Designed to provide a high level of operational flexibility, this fluid head can be easily fitted to a wide range of supports like tripods, dollies, cranes and camera cars.
The head comes equipped with a standard Mitchell flat base. Available as an option, a 150mm ball base, two balancing counterweights and a third axis to roll the camera 360° sidewise.
- The mounting can be inverted for low line lens positioning allowing the camera to be moved all the way to the ground and provide for accurate images which normally cannot be obtained with other traditional fluid heads.
- With the Lambda, there is no need to change or disassemble a variety of additional platforms or risers to suit the optical center of the camera. Simply adjust the center of gravity by turning the two independent wheels which are easy to reach and smooth to operate; the vertical sliding platform will immediately rise or lowered with a precise positive movement and considerable time saving.
- The balance system is designed so that camera swings on its own center of gravity and rotates 360° on its vertical axis.
- No springs or similar counter reaction elements are required to set the head in a fixed tilt position allowing both pan and tilt movements to have identical feel. The lens focal distance can be kept constant by choosing the suitable camera position with its relevant sliding plate.
- The Lambda employs the patented fluid drag control system on both pan and tilt modes allowing the damping levels to range from "0" for freewheeling to "7" for maximum drag.