The AUTOCOM PRO-XL MDX1600 from Behringer is an interactive, reference-class two-channel expander/gate/compressor/peak limiter with integrated dynamic enhancer, de-esser and low contour filter, housed in a single space rack-mount chassis.
Applicable to recording, mixing or mastering, the unit provides total dynamic control. Additionally it features a unique adjustable IDE dynamic enhancer that provides subtle and very musical compensation for the bass "boost" effect that can result from heavy compression.
- Switchable program adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of both hard and soft knee characteristics
- Adjustable dynamic enhancer with level meter for boosting high frequencies under heavy compression
- Interactive gain control peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable de-esser removes excess sibilance from vocal tracks
- Interactive ratio control expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Automatic or manual adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo coupling function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side-chain input with side-chain monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Servo balanced inputs and outputs with gold-plated XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors