The Sony ECM-719 is a stereo electret condenser microphone designed for use with small portable recording devices such as MiniDisc and DAT recorders. The microphone features an attached microphone cable that terminates to an L shaped 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-connector. The stereo microphone accurately reproduces signal while maintaining the true stereo imagery of the incoming audio. This makes the ECM-719 a suitable option for recording outdoor ambiance, lectures, performances etc.
The electret condenser capsule can be powered internally using an LR44 battery or externally when used with compatible recording devices. A Voice / Music switch enables the user to choose the desired character and the small, unobtrusive, lightweight profile is convenient when traveling or recording on location.
- Stereo Unidirectional Capsule
- The unidirectional (cardioid) stereo element accurately captures incoming audio as represented within the stereo field. The unidirectional polar pattern reduces noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
- Table Surface or Clip-On Mounting
- The microphone can be clipped to clothing or mounted on a table for interview style capturing.
- 2-Way Power Options
- The ECM-719 can be powered internally with an LR44 1.5V battery or externally when used with compatible recording devices.
- L-Shaped Connector
- The cable terminates to a stereo L-shaped 1/8" (3.5mm) mini connector. The L-shaped design creates less bulk when using with small, portable recording devices.