The Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8G ED DX Fisheye Nikkor Lens provides digital SLR camera users an extreme picture angle, equivalent to that of a 16mm fisheye lens on a 35mm  format camera.
The lens is targeted at Nikon DX Format digital SLR camera users who seek the unique visual effects a full-frame fisheye lens lends to landscape and other shots, to taking close-ups, or when shooting within vehicles or other tight interiors. This 10.5mm fisheye is a DX-frame-filling fisheye lens, which means it fills the entire rectangular image with a curvy, distorted image and sees 180° from corner to corner diagonally. It is not a circular image.
Optical and close-range focusing performance are both optimized for Nikon DX Format digital SLR cameras. The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration for clear, natural colors, and the rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening ensures a natural look to out-of-focus elements.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
Note! DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with 35mm, "full-frame" FX digital SLR cameras, or APS SLR cameras. Auto Focus is not supported by Nikon cameras that do not have auto focus motor in the camera body.
- Fast, ultra-wide angle G-type DX Nikkor is designed exclusively for use with Nikon digital SLR models.
- Equivalent to 16mm focal length on a 35mm.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration.
- Close-Range Correction (CRC) provides high performance for sharper images when taking pictures up close.
- Delivers high-performance focus at extremely close range; a minimum focus distance of 5.5" (14 cm) -- only 1.2" (3 cm) from the lens front.
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- Nikon D-type design provides precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes.
- Fixed flower-shape barrel-type hood greatly reduces stray light.