The PSC DV PROMIX 3 is a professional field audio mixer designed to fit the needs of DV Cam users while remaining cost effective and flexible enough for camcorder users as well. The mixer features 3-balanced XLR female inputs, switchable between microphone and line level signal. Each input provides individually switchable +48v phantom power. Left, Right and Center position switches are located on every input channel, routing signals to separate destinations or for panoramic placement of audio via the stereo outputs.
The output section features 2-balanced XLR male connectors that are also line level and microphone level switchable. Output peak limiting minimizes overloaded output signal, eliminating distortion and noisy recordings. A dedicated 1/8" mini tape return input allows accurate monitoring of recorded signals from video cameras, recording devices etc. A separate 1/8" mini output provides dedicated unbalanced microphone level output for compatibility with consumer camcorders.
- Microphone & Line Level Inputs & Outputs
- The DV PROMIX 3 features 3-balanced XLR female inputs and 2-balanced XLR male outputs. Each feature microphone and line level (user switchable) signal flow. All inputs feature individually switched +48v phantom power, while mic and line level switchable outputs provide complete compatibility with DV Cameras.
- Channel Assignment (Pan) Switches
- Dedicated Left, Right and Center position switches are located on every input channel. These channel assignment switches send signals to the left or right outputs, routing signals to separate destinations or for panoramic placement of audio.
- Low Cut Filters
- Each input section features a Low Frequency Cut (High Pass) filter switch. This effectively reduces noise and hum registering in the lower frequency spectrum.
- Tape / Direct Input Monitoring
- A 1/8" (3.5mm) mini tape return jack allows monitoring from video cameras and field recording devices, resulting in more accurate, noise free recordings.
- Output Limiters
- The output section features user switchable audio limiting, reducing peak distortion and noise caused by overloaded output signals.
- Dedicated Microphone Level Output
- A 1/8" (3.5mm) mini microphone level audio output jack is provided for feeding consumer style video cameras and field recorders, that would normally feature a 1/8" input as opposed to XLR.
- Bright LED Display
- A bright, comprehensive LED display effectively displays audio level under bright sun light.