The OMEGA studio from Lexicon is an integrated computer recording system that includes an 8x4x2 USB mixer, Cubase LE recording software for both Mac and Windows and Pantheon, a Lexicon reverb plug-in. The system contains all of the components necessary to transform a computer into a 24-bit recording studio, whether for a guitarist, keyboard player, vocalist, instrumentalist or an audio engineer.
Most standard computer I/O boxes are typically based on a patch-bay paradigm. The OMEGA I/O mixer is based on a mixer paradigm and includes input, output and mixing functions that support a variety of tracking/monitoring applications while requiring no additional mixing hardware. The mixer provides eight inputs which are assignable in pairs to any of four simultaneous record channels. They feature ultra-transparent, high-resolution analog to digital converters to capture a performance with pristine 24-bit quality.
Two of the inputs feature extremely low-noise dbx microphone preamps with 48-volt phantom power and 1/4" TRS insert points. The four 1/4" TRS active balanced line inputs on the OMEGA accept either unbalanced or balanced equipment. An S/PDIF input is included that combined with an additional DAC for zero-latency direct monitoring allows for simultaneous tracking of analog and digital sources. A high-impedance instrument input is conveniently accessible on the front panel.
The OMEGA I/O mixer provides a peak indicator for each analog input as well as an assignable bar graph meter for signal level monitoring. By monitoring the signal at the A/D converters, it avoids the problems with software-only level monitoring that can miss clipping and ruin a track. The mixer also includes a fully opto-isolated MIDI input to ensure that there is no annoying ground loop hum or MIDI talk-through noise and the MIDI output has rock-solid synchronization to USB frame rate to support applications requiring critical sync.
- Integrated computer recording system
- Includes input, output and mixing functions that support a variety of tracking/monitoring applications while requiring no additional mixing hardware
- Multi-track recording software with 48 audio and 64 MIDI tracks
- Professional audio editing and processing features with full automation of volume, pan, mute and effects
- MIDI score editor with advanced quantization and logical presets
- Supports up to 8 VST instruments
- Two insert and four effect sends per channel
- VST system link and ReWire 2 compatible
- World-class Lexicon reverb with a simple, yet powerful user interface
- 35 factory presets, 6 reverb types with 16 editable parameters per reverb type
- Mono and stereo operation
- Floating point DSP processing
- 16 and 24-bit compatible
- Efficient CPU utilization