The Grass Valley ADVC300 is a bi-directional analog-to-digital video converter that provides analog filtering and is able to operate with or without a computer. As a standalone device it converts back and forth from analog media to DV (IEEE-1394). It also supports the DV codecs for conversion into a computer FireWire port.
Note: A video-capture card or OHCI FireWire (IEEE 1394) connection is required to capture DV.
- Featuring high-quality image-enhancement technology--including digital noise reduction and image stabilization using line time base correction (LTBC)--the ADVC300 unit instantly cleans, stabilizes, and preserves old VHS and Hi8 videos in a clean DV format.
- Connects analog video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing.
- Compatible with Windows (including Windows 7) and Mac operating system-based DV editing systems.
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Grass Valley EDIUS, Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV and Liquid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker.
- No drivers or software applications to install.
- Powered by included AC adapter.
- NTSC and PAL compatible
- Works with many FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) equipped computers by means of an appropriate adapter cable (customer supplied).