Octane is a multi-channel microphone preamp, offering eight channels of low-noise, high-gain, professional quality preamplification in a two-space rack mount chassis. Each channel has its own input level control, 20dB pad, and three-color LED level meter, with rear panel inputs on balanced XLR connectors. The unit also offers eight independent analog preamp outputs along with eight channels of A/D line inputs.
Octane provided front-panel high impedance instrument-level inputs on channels one and two, using independent preamps and level control for superior performance and better S/N ratio. Channels seven and eight offer M-S Matrix Encoding circuitry for Mid-Side stereo recording. Each even-numbered channel offers a phase reverse switch for easy stereo pairing and +48V phantom power is switchable in two groups of four channels.
- Eight channels of high-quality, low-noise microphone preamps
- Separate microphone level, 20dB pad and three segment LED meters on each channel
- Two front-panel unbalanced high impedance instrument inputs with independent level controls
- Eight balanced/unbalanced analog preamp outputs on TRS connectors
- Eight balanced/unbalanced channel A/D line inputs on TRS connectors serve as inserts or standalone A/D converters
- Phase reverse switch on even-numbered channels, low-cut filter on channel 1
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Mid-Side matrix encoding on channels seven and eight
- ADAT lightpipe digital output
- Front panel sample rate/external clock selector
- Word clock I/O with low jitter Phase Locked Loop