The Elan 7n is the fourth generation of the extremely popular Elan series of cameras. The compact body incorporates a durable metal top plate and a more simplified control layout than the previous Elan and Elan II cameras. Key to the Elan 7's use is its 7-point autofocus system, which has now been improved to be even faster than before. Film transport retains the famed Whisper Drive silence, and 13 custom functions allow the user to have total control.
The Elan 7N now also incorporates the E-TTL II Flash-metering system. When combined with an EX-series flash most Canon professional lenses will provide distance information to the camera, insuring that direct flash exposures are more accurate than ever before.
Other improvements include an upgraded AF system that delivers faster and quiter AF operation, and a new backlit display.
- Small ergonomic design with simplified control layout
- E-TTL II provides distance-based flash metering information
- Built-in 4-frames-per-second motor drive
- Backlit LCD display
Revolutionary eye-controlled focus
- allows the user to merely look at a focus point for the camera to select it
- the fastest response yet in an eye controlled focus model
- first eye controlled focus camera with built-in dioptric correction