The Metz 54MZ-4 is a compact flash that is simple to operate and is loaded with every special function imaginable. Ergonomics are straightforward, with most features operable with only one button. Power is very powerful for a shoe-mount flash unit. Intelligent engineering is evident everywhere, from the auxiliary flash with built-in neutral density filter to the redeye-reducing "Cobra" design of the flash head itself.
This model is supplied with a standard non-dedicated shoe (module).
- Compatible with Metz Remote System (Requires SCA 3083)
- The 54 MZ-4 becomes a master TTL flash by attaching a camera-specific TTL SCA system module and incorporating a slave flash (32 Z-2, 32 MZ-3, 40 MZ-1*, 40 MZ-3*, 44 MZ-2, 50 MZ*, 54 MZ*, 70 MZ* & 76 MZ*) with the SCA 3083 adapter attached to the slave. The combo also works in non-TTL autoexposure mode for older or manual cameras. Used with the SCA 3083, the 54 MZ-4 can be a general slave or a slave with digital preflash suppression.
- Compatible with digital cameras
- "Cobra Design" flash reduces the redeye effect
- Autozooming head can cover from 24 to 105mm, and 20mm when used with the included wideangle diffuser
- Flash tilts downward to better illuminate closeup subjects
- High-speed flash synchronization allows flash to be used with any shutter speed (only with appropriate camera bodies)
- Wireless full TTL triggering
- Evaluative preflash metering & Stroboscopic flash for previewing effect
- Excellent power capacity: Regular alkaline batteries yield 180 full-power flashes, NiCd batteries yield 60, Powerpacks P40 & P50 yield 160 & 350 respectively