The Mackie Onyx series of analog mixers incorporate the renowned signal performance Mackie is known for, with the convenience of FireWire integration to PC and Mac based workstations.
The Onyx 1620 mixer features a total of 16 line inputs and 8 microphone inputs. The line inputs feature balanced 1/4" TRS phone inputs, channels 9 through 16 are stereo paired for adapting keyboards and other stereo output devices. 8 Onyx microphone preamplifier's feature balanced XLR connectors that improve upon the famed XDR preamplifier with delivering exceptional headroom and low noise floor.
All 16 inputs feature balanced direct outputs via analog D-sub connectors for feeding multi-track recorders, monitor mixers etc. Perhaps the most unique feature is the Fire-Wire I/O expansion card slot. The expansion card allows the mixer to bridge with Fire-Wire equipped computers without any additional hardware. The card is capable of transferring up to 18 channels of 24-bit/96kHz audio. The Mackie Onyx series mixers are at home in project recording and sound reinforcement applications.
- FireWire I/O Expansion
- An optional FireWire I/O card bridges the mixer with computer based software workstations. The optional card will transfer up to 18 channels of 24-bit / 96kHz audio to computers equipped with FireWire I/O.
- Direct Outputs
- Every input features a dedicated direct output for sending audio to multi-track recorders, monitor mixers etc. The direct outputs feature balanced D-Sub type analog connectors.
- Perkins EQ
- Every input channel features an enhanced EQ section developed by Cal Perkins. The EQ delivers smooth frequency contouring with minimal phase shift, reminiscent of famous british console EQs.
- Enhanced Microphone Preamplifiers
- In an effort to improve upon Mackie's famed XDR microphone preamplifers, the Onyx preamplifiers feature exceptional headroom and improved signal-to-noise ratio while emphasizing sonic detail.
- Talk-Back Microphone Section
- An improved monitor section comes complete with talk-back microphone allowing communication between the talent and engineer.
- Individually Switchable Phantom Power
- All channels featuring microphone inputs feature individually switched +48V phantom power. The flexibility of individually switched phantom power provides the flexibility of using dynamic and condenser microphone simultaneously.