The Gitzo G2271M is a low-profile Rationelle head that is efficient and silky smooth due to an advanced built-in fluid-effect system, which makes it not only ideal for photographic use, but also birdwatching and mini DV cameras.
Made of high quality low weight magnesium, the G2271M comes with a fixed short plate (platform) and is designed to carry a maximum capacity of up to 12.2 lb. The G2271M also comes with multiple spirit levels to ensure that the head is perfectly level, while the ergonomically designed pan and tilt handles feature easy-to-use triangular shaped rubber grips. For more convenience, the tilt handles can be positioned on either the left or the right hand side of the head.
The G2271M plate has "anti rotation" pins to ensure that the camera remains perfectly stable when shooting in portrait mode. These anti-rotation pins are stored in pre-drilled holes under the head when not in use. Complimenting this is a redesigned large hexagonal thumbscrew on the bottom of the camera locking screw which now makes it easy to attach and remove equipment to the head.
- Magnesium model which offers weight savings of up to 20%
- Offers +95°/-60° tilt and +100°/-100° side tilt
- Ergonomically designed triangular handgrips ensure that the desired shooting position is securely locked with the minimum of effort
- Tilt handles can be positioned on the right or left side of the head
- Multiple spirit levels to ensure that the head is perfectly level