The Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 EX DG lens is a compact and lightweight constant f/2.8 aperture zoom lens and is optmized for digital SLR cameras, but can also be used with film SLR cameras. The 28-70mm zoom range makes this lens the ideal choice as a standard zoom lens for photojournalism or general photography.
The lens is specially optimized for digital SLR cameras, and Super Multi Coating gives superb color performance whilst cutting down flare and ghost. Two SLD elements and four aspherical lenses provide the ultimate correction against distortion as well as all types of aberration, especially spherical aberration. Its advanced optical design ensures high performance throughout the entire zoom range.
Note: This lens (similar to Nikon "G" type lenses) does not have an aperture ring on the lens, and is only fully compatible with the F6, F5, F100, N80, N65, N60, N55, N50, N4004-series, PRONEA 6i, PRONEA S, D100 and D1-series (or any newer model) cameras. It is not compatible with other Nikon cameras. For the F4, N90-series, N70, N8008-series and N6006 cameras, only programmed auto or shutter-priority auto exposure mode can be used.
Note! AF not supported by D40 and D60 cameras.
- Lens focusing ring does not move during autofocus, making for easy handholding
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare
- Two pieces of Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and four aspherical lenses provide high quality images throughout the entire zoom range
- Minimum focusing distance of 13" (33 cm) at all focal lengths
- As part of the DG line, this lens is optimized for digital cameras