An update to the tremendously popular EOS-1Ds, the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II SLR Digital Camera is a must have for those seeking to capture huge, beautiful images, fast. With a full frame 16.7 megapixel CMOS image sensor, combined with Canon's blazing DIGIC II Image Processor, the EOS-1Ds Mark II captures up to 32 consecutive shots at speeds up to 4 frames-per-second, and has dramatically decreased startup and card-writing times in comparison to the EOS-1Ds. These improvements are complemented by Canon's renowned build quality for reliability in even the most rugged conditions.
Compatibility with over 50 EF Lenses, in addition to the entire line of EOS accessories, including the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1 accessory easily makes the EOS-1Ds Mark II the most remarkable combination of resolution and speed in the history of digital SLRs.
- 16.7 Megapixel, Full Frame CMOS Sensor
- Canon's 16.7 megapixel full Size CMOS sensor captures more pixels faster, for no-compromise high-resolution photography. With a recorded image size of 4992 x 3328 pixels, and low noise levels, the EOS-1Ds Mark II can create images large enough for almost any purpose, whether on location or in the studio. With ISO ratings of 50-3200, there's almost nowhere this sensor won't perform. Furthermore, the EOS-1Ds Mark II's sensor is full frame, meaning no focal length conversion factor and lenses will have the same angle of view as they would on a 35mm camera. With RAW plus four JPEG file sizes available, from 16.7 megapixels down to 4.2 megapixels, The EOS-1Ds MARK II can be adjusted to conserve space on memory cards if large images are not the priority of the shoot.
- DIGIC II Image Processor
- Driven by the revolutionary DIGIC II Image Processor, the EOS-1Ds Mark II has been supercharged for unprecedented performance and image quality, no matter the situation. Thanks to the DIGIC II Image Processor, the EOS-1Ds MARK II is capable of shooting up to 4 frames-per-second for up to 32 JPEG or 11 RAW images. The information captured by the sensor is processed and assembled into images of exceptional clarity and resolution. For the first time, photographers can expect precise, natural colors with smooth, lifelike gradations, spot-on white balance and speed in any number of lighting situations. By handling larger volumes of image data, the DIGIC II Image Processor also contributes to lower power consumption.
- RAW & JPEG File Formats
- Images can be recorded in the JPEG image format, the RAW image format, or both formats simultaneously, with unprecedented control over image quality. The JPEG format is ideal when reduced file sizes are desired, while Canon's proprietary CR2 RAW format offers higher image quality, with rich 12-bit gradation and lossless image compression. Amazing results can be achieved when processing RAW images on a computer.
- Fast and Responsive
- As the "1" designation has always been used for the flagship models in the EOS line, Canon has made no compromises with the construction and performance of the EOS-1Ds Mark II. With shutter speeds from 1/8000 to 30 sec. and bulb; a 1/250 sec. flash synchronization; E-TTL II flash metering; ISO Speeds of 100-1600 in 1/3-stop increments (expandable to 50 or 3200 using Custom Functions), as well as 100% viewfinder coverage, the EOS-1Ds Mark II behaves as a professional camera body should. Shutter lag is a paltry 55 milliseconds, focus is achieved with near-instant precision using a 45-point AF system, exposure is measured precisely with a 21-zone metering sensor, and the camera features 20 Custom Functions with 65 settings and 27 personal function settings (with the use of dedicated software) for the ultimate in customization.
- Dual Card Slots
- The EOS-1Ds Mark II comes equipped with two card slots, one for CompactFlash (CF) and one for Secure Digital (SD) Memory cards. The camera can be set up to record images on either card for maximum storage capacity, or, for extra security, the same image can be recorded simultaneously on both cards. The card slot cover release knob has been redesigned to enable photographers to open the slot easily, even with gloves on.
- Save Camera Settings
- Reflecting the tremendous amount of customization possible with EOS digital SLRs, an entire camera's settings can now be saved to a memory card and shared with multiple cameras. If service is needed, personal settings can be stored and reloaded onto the camera, minimizing redundant settings work.
- Versatile Interfaces
- Reflecting the wide range of viewing and image transfer possibilities available today, the EOS-1Ds Mark II has a new video OUT terminal, perfect for viewing images on a television screen. And in addition to the standard professional IEEE1394 (Firewire) port, the EOS-1Ds Mark II includes a USB port for connection to older computers or direct connection to PictBridge-compatible printers.
- Rugged Build Quality
- The EOS-1Ds Mark II has a rigid, well coated magnesium alloy body, as well as improved dust-proofing and waterproofing for shooting in even the most inclement conditions. In addition, the shutter is designed to endure 200,000 cycles. With a newly strengthened accessory shoe, electromagnetic shielding to help reduce noise, all in an elegant comfortable to carry body, the EOS-1Ds Mark II is a pleasure to hold and use.
- Improved Image Display
- The EOS-1Ds Mark II's high-definition, 230,000 pixel 2.0-inch color TFT LCD offers nearly twice the resolution of monitors on other EOS digital models. It displays nearly 100% of JPEG images, features a new, bolder typeface that simplifies reading of text menus, and five brightness settings. Users can choose to display one to 9 images on the screen, and can see all of their image information when looking at a single image.
- Expanded Zoom Displays
- Displayed photos can be magnified from 1.5x to 10x in 15 stops, allowing users to check the focus and exposure of images with a high level of precision. Operation is simple: users press the Enlarge/Reduce button in combination with the AF point selector to zoom in, the AE lock button to zoom out, the Main Dial to scroll horizontally, or the Quick Control Dial to scroll vertically.
- RGB Histogram
- This professional feature enables separate checking of color information for the red, green and blue channels, as well as inspection of other color information such as white balance, color balance, saturation and gradation compression. Available when viewing any recorded image in the Single (Info.) image playback mode, the RGB histogram is displayed as an alternate to the brightness histogram, which draws attention to white portions of the image that lack image information.
- Auto Rotation of Vertical Images
- To enable easier viewing, images shot vertically are automatically rotated when played back on the LCD monitor. Manual clockwise rotation of the image is also possible by 90, 270 or 0 degrees through the image rotation menu.
- Compatible with Canon's Full Line of EOS Lenses
- The EOS-1Ds Mark II's is compatible with Canon's world-renowned lineup of professional EF Lenses including over 50 models ranging from 14mm ultra-wide-angle to 1,200mm super-telephoto (not compatible with EF-S series). Through Canon's advanced optical know-how and sub-micron precision engineering, EF Lenses offer unprecedented capabilities that meet wide-ranging needs. Furthermore, Canon's sophisticated electronic lens mount technology communicates with the camera as soon as the lens is mounted, transferring information about the lens type, aperture and focal length, ensuring fast, precise control from the camera.
- Optional Data Verification Kit & Wireless File Transmitter
- The Data Verification Kit DVK-E2 is ideal for officials involved in images where data verification is of key importance. This kit can verify whether or not a photo is an untouched original. The Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1 allows photographers to transmit images from their cameras directly to a computer over a local area network (LAN).
- Professional-level Image Software
The EOS-1Ds Mark II comes bundled with Canon's EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk (Version 9.0), and Digital Photo Professional (Ver. 1.5), a perfect combination of powerful, easy to use tools designed to seamlessly transform data captured by the EOS-1Ds Mark II into a spectacular digital file, perfect for any application the photographer may have in mind.
- EOS Solution Disk
The EOS Solution Disk 9.0 includes EOS Viewer Utility 1.2, which provides dedicated support for downloading and simple RAW image adjustment. EOS Capture 1.2 is a remote capture tool for tethered operation, which offers improvements in both speed and usability over previous programs, and PhotoStitch allows for the creation of panoramic images from several different photographs.
- Digital Photo Professional (Version 1.5)
Digital Photo Professional is a RAW image processing application featuring a newly designed, dedicated image processing engine which is optimized to streamline the workflow demands of professional digital photographers. It enables high-speed RAW image processing and preview, support for sRGB, Adobe RGB and Wide Gamut RGB color spaces, and is CMS (Color Management System) compatible. In addition to numerous controls for exposure and color settings, it also includes a new cropping tool, a navigation tool, CMYK printer simulation, batch conversion, multiple image download and download to applications other than Photoshop.
- EOS Solution Disk