This kit is simply a matched pair of Neumann Solution D digital microphones, including dual DMI-2 interfaces and accessories.
Extending their legacy in industry standard microphone design, the Neumann Solution D explores the digital frontier by incorporating a high quality A/D converter, DSP processing and software based remote control. The Neumann Solution D is a professional grade, large diaphragm recording microphone that replaces a traditional analog output stage with a high quality A/D converter that supports up to 24-bit 96KHz resolution.
The system consists of the D-01 microphone, DMI-2 interface and RCS remote control software. The microphone and interface are connected via 3-pin XLR AES/EBU digital cable. A USB output on the interface enables direct integration with Windows and Mac based computers. Internal DSP processing allows standard parameters such as polar-pattern selection, low frequency roll-off and preattenuation settings to be selected via software.
A transient limiter eliminates transient peaks at the source, thereby reducing noise and distortion. The Solution-D boasts an impressive 130dB of dynamic range due to it's high quality A/D converter. The Neumann Solution D digital microphone system is every bit as revolutionary in design, as it is rich in pristine detail and audio fidelity.
- High Quality A/D Converter
- High grade A/D converter provides impressive dynamic range and supports up to 24-bit 96kHz resolution.
- Softwarre Based Remote Control
- The included RCS (Remote Control Software) provides complete control over the microphone's parameters via Windows or Mac based formats.
- DMI-2 Interface
- The DMI-2 features the USB I/O as well as Word Clock (BNC) connections and a 9-pin D-sub auxiliary user port.
- Internal DSP Processing
- Internal signal processing includes low frequency roll-off, preattenuation and polar pattern control.
- 15 Switchable Polar Patterns
- 15 variations of Omnidirectional, cardioid and figure 8 patterns are available.