The Rode NTG-1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone is designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG-1's broadcast sound quality.
The supercardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio while using the NTG-1 in noisy environments.
The NTG-1 is powered with an external +48 Volt phantom power source; the output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, light weight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG-1 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern and line gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
- Lightweight Durable Construction
- The NTG-1 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
- Low Handling Noise
- Low noise output electronics provides high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG-1 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling etc.