One of the most iconic toy cameras available, the Holga 120N is characterized by the unique image quality it is able to produce, along with its modest design and minimal controls. Featured here with a black finish, the Holga is best known for its standard-length 60mm f/8 plastic lens that produces a soft, dream-like aesthetic, which is further accentuated by the inherent vignetting and light leaks caused by the plastic body and simple construction. A choice between f/8 or f/11, or "cloudy" and "sunny", aperture settings is available, along with 1/100 sec. or bulb shutter speed settings and a zone focus system for focusing as close as 3' away. A tripod mount is incorporated into the base of the camera for stable long exposure shooting and a top hot shoe accepts optional electronic flashes. A camera designed to bring the fun back to photography, the Holga is a classic toy camera capable of making some remarkable, yet inherently lo-fi photographs.
The 120N model accepts 120-format roll film and includes both 6 x 4.5cm and 6 x 6cm inserts to record 16 or 12 exposures per roll, respectively. Film is manually advanced between shots using the top winding knob, with the frame progression checked using the rear red window.
- Plastic body construction and plastic lens contribute to the distinct image quality, which is characterized by light leaks, vignetting, and soft focus.
- Classic medium format toy camera accepts 120 roll film, and the included 6 x 4.5cm and 6 x 6cm film masks allow you to record either 16 or 12 frames per roll respectively.
- 60mm f/8 lens provides a normal field of view for working in a wide variety of situations.
- Zone focusing system allows you to focus as closely as 3' away.
- A 1/100th sec. shutter speed setting is available in addition to a bulb setting for long exposure shooting.
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount allows you to make stable long exposure photographs.
- Top hot shoe accessory mount allows you to attach any electronic flash.