The Marantz PMD-671 is a portable digital field recorder that uses the Compact Flash card as the storage medium of choice. The unit is designed for compatibility with MP3, MP2, BWF and WAV file formats, and supports recording resolutions of up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
The PMD-671 is packed with features such as a built-in USB port, 48V phantom power, fully selectable sample rates and bit resolution, and an EDL marking system for on-the-fly file creation and management. The unit is a worthy asset for the professional journalist, field and conference recordist, or location sound gatherer.
- Portable stereo Compact Flash field recorder with built-in speaker, 48V phantom power, and USB port
- Records directly to stable Compact Flash card with easy One-Touch recording, no moving parts; widely available and inexpensive media
- Hi-res 24-bit/96 kHz recording available, MP3, MP2, WAV, and BWF file formats supported
- Selectable 16- and 24-bit linear PCM record modes, multiple selectable sample rates and over 40 assignable quality settings
- Menu-driven remote operation includes Start-Pause, Mark EDL, Unattended Power Up and Record/Create New file functions
- Security Door for Media and switches
- USB 2.0 port and SPDIF digital I/O
- Speedy Drag and Drop file transfer to computer hard drive eliminates lengthy realtime process inherent in recording from other media
- Full compatibility with Marantz PMDEdit file management and editing software
- EDL marking system for creating new files on-the-fly during recordings, simplifies file selection during playback
Supports(optional) NiCad and NiMH rechargeable batteries with onboard charging; non-stop recording with up to 6 hrs. of battery life*
* Model RB1650 is compatible, but will not charge internally and requires BC600 external charger
- Built-in speaker and microphone, backlit screen