The Tube Tech SMC 2BM is a tube based, stereo, multi-band compressor designed to add vintage quality warmth while mastering a mix. The unit features three independent optical stereo compressors with the signal being divided into low, mid and high bands by 6dB/octave crossover networks with twelve selectable frequencies for the low/mid band and six for the mid/high band.
The design of the crossover networks optimizes the summing of all three bands, resulting in a flat frequency response (within +/-0.25dB) when the gain controls for each band are set to the same level. Each of the three compressors features threshold, ratio, attack, release and gain, while an LED ladder displays gain reduction. Master levels are set with output gain and balance controls.
Both input and output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the side-chain circuits are based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
- All tube based multi-band optical mastering compressor
- All relevant controls are detented for absolute repeatability of settings
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Stereo side chain with variable threshold, ratio, attack, release and gain controls for all three bands
- Twelve selectable frequencies between 60Hz and 1.2kHz for the low/mid band and six selectable frequencies between 1.2kHz and 6kHz for the mid/high band
- Potentiometers with thirty-one detents for threshold, ratio, attach, release and balance
- Gain controls have twelve position gold plated switches
- Master output gain
- Click-less bypass relay