The Zdirect from ART is a high quality passive interface that allows for connecting instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced input through a high performance audio isolation transformer. The high impedance single-ended 1/4" input is converted by the transformer into an isolated balanced low impedance signal source.
The unit has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels while still maintaining an isolated balanced low impedance output. This gives the Zdirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
- The input attenuator switches allow for a wide range of input signal levels
- The Input Link jack allows for tapping off of the signal chain for additional routing
- A ground lift switch allows for totally separating the input and output signal grounds when appropriate, to isolate two systems thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise
- Switchable low pass filter cuts out all very high frequency interference. This Bessel filter on the input is placed out of the audio range and is primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system
- The filter is also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the Xdirect as an interface between a computer based audio workstation and speaker monitors
- A phase invert switch allows the user to switch signal polarity right at the source
- The compact black anodized all aluminum case and its flexible power design allow the DI to provide years of trouble free service in live sound, fixed install, DJ and virtually any PA application