The Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Monopod Deluxe Photo Monopod with Safety Lock features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The leg opens up by simply pulling down on it, and automatically locks into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. The 685B also sports a safety lever that prevents accidental deployment of the locking release mechanism. To close the monopod, simply activate the safety lever with the 'pinkie' finger, which then allows the grip action handle to be depressed. The lever is simple to operate while still maintaining one-handed closing operation. The heavier the weight pushing down on it from above the more locking power this innovative mechanism exerts.
To further improve the single-handed performance of the NeoTec Monopod, Manfrotto has added a lightweight rubber foot pedal to make opening or closing a snap. To increase the height of the camera, simply step on the pedal and lift the monopod to the new position. For storage and transportation, the foot pedal folds away against the bottom leg section.
- Special aluminum alloy used in the aeronautical industry
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Lightweight rubber foot pedal to make opening or closing easier
- Protective foam leg-warmer on the bottom leg section to provide protection against the elements and offer a comfortable grip during transportation.
- Suction cup foot for extra ground support and increased grip.