The Arca-Swiss F-Monolith 8x10 View Camera is an incredibly precise and professional studio view camera that features calibrated, finely geared, and easily accessed control blocks (they call them 'function carriers). It is absolutely ideal for use with digital backs. Focusing is done with your right hand, with geared control available from both the front and the rear standard. All camera movements are done on the left. The F-Monolith 8x10 camera includes a telescoping 50cm bench rail, which fully accommodates the included 500mm bellows. It can be extended with optional longer bellows and bench extensions.
The 8x10 F-Monolith offers 9mm of front rise, 61mm of front fall, 70mm of geared rear rise, and 50mm of geared shifts upon each standard. There is also 50mm of additional ungeared lateral shift if needed. It also offers Arca-Swiss' "Orbix" geared center-based front tilt, which allows the lens to essentially rotate around its optical axis so that the entire image on the groundglass essentially remains stationary during tilts and swings, with only the focus planes being altered.
The M-Monolith's monorail itself slides directly into any tripod with an Arca-type quick release clamp, itself an adored professional standard. The M-Monolith, with its precise gearing, is perfect for use atop Arca-Swiss' C1 Cube tripod head, or any other geared tripod head.
- An incredibly precise view camera made in France
- Fully modular system with extensive accessories for viewing, conversion, etc.
- Perfect for studio use of digital backs and lenses
- Standard telescoping 50cm bench rail
- Conical 500mm bellows comfortably accommodate all camera positions within the monorail's range without interference
- Geared rise, shift, tilt, and swing-with no backlash
- 70mm of geared rear rise and ±50mm of geared front/rear shift
- 50mm of additional ungeared lateral shift upon each standard, for 100mm of available total lateral displacement
- Arca-Swiss "Orbix" geared center-based tilt to ease control of focusing planes
- Standard 141mm lensboard easily accommodates #1 shutters in recessed boards (adapters are available to accept Linhof Technika-type or Arca-Swiss 110mm lensboards)
- Rail inserts directly into any Arca-type quick release