The Quantum Instruments FreeXwire FW89 Digital Transmitter/Receiver Set consists of the FW9T Transmitter and FW8R Receiver. The FW8R can be used to receive a wireless radio flash trigger signal from an FW10w or FW9T transmitter connected to the camera.
The FW8R receiver can also be used as a receiver hooked up to the camera with a Quantum Two-Step Motor Drive cord to allow for remote wireless triggering of the shutter release. With a 2-step cord you keep your camera's meter and focus function continuously on (as in pressing the shutter button half way).
Mount a FW9T transmitter and FW12 Hot Shoe Adapter to the camera and be totally wireless. Or, add a "D" or "Dw" series QTTL adapter to the camera and transmit your camera's f/stop, ISO, and TTL exposure information to the remote Qflash 5d.
Might require additional cables or accessories, depending on flash and/or camera used. Please check manufacturer's web site to see a complete FreeXwire component chart.
- FreeXwire is Quantum's system for wireless communication and control between camera and one or more flash units (Quantum flash or other brands). More than just a triggering device, it offers TTL control of the relative output of one or more Qflash units. FreeXwire may also be used to remotely trigger cameras
- 8 Independent Channels
- FreeXwire has eight unique Channel Codes. FreeXwire units set to one Channel cannot activate FreeXwires set to different Channels. You control the Channel Code to make FreeXwire units work together or independently, as required. There are 32 individual Channel/Zone settings at your disposal, and 256 possible lighting combinations.
- 4 Zone Control Plus Local
- FreeXwire controls one Local Zone and four wireless Zones for flash or motor drive. You can activate any one Zone, or any combination of Zones 1,2,3,4 and Local. Switch your lighting instantly, remotely. Select and trigger flashes, cameras, or combinations of them, from your remote position.
- Wireless Digital Camera TTL
- A FreeXwire connected to a "Dw" series adapter transmits the camera's f/stop, ISO, and TTL information to any number of remote FreeXwire /Qflash combinations. A "local" Qflash will synchronize also.
- Wireless Auto
- Without a TTL adapter, a local Qflash & FreeWire can control exposures of any number of remote Qflash/FreeXwire combinations.
- Two Special Motor Drive Features
- Two-step cord keeps your camera meter and focus function continuously on (as in pressing the shutter button half way). The camera will be ready for instant shutter release. Or, select motor drive "delay" to command a camera to "wake up", focus and meter, then release the shutter.
- Small Size
- Compact and light, and antenna folds out of the way for compact storage.