The Formatt 77mm Circular Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass Polarizer - Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Due to the sharpness of HD cameras and lenses, certain filters come in handy to assist in flattering your subject. This incredible technological breakthrough gives HD shooters the extra touch of clarity they want.
Formatt's Crown Polarizer enables you to achieve a level of optical performance previously unavailable. The polarizing film is fabricated between two pieces of Formatt's crystal clear white water optical glass. The absolute clarity of the glass combined with advanced polarizing material make crown Polarizing filters particularly effective on demanding scenes.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else
Note: Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras without problems)
Hi Def Filters
- Hi Def filters do not experience color shift - Specifically designed for use with High Definition filming
- Optically consistent from filter to filter
- Formatt filters use the finest materials together with state of the art production techniques; This has resulted in a standard of optical perfection unmatched anywhere else
- All Formatt filters are manufactured using Water White Schott optical glass that is precision polished and ground to ensure absolute optical flatness and optimum performance
Absorbing Cell Technology
- The secret to Formatt's consistency in filter design lies in its unique "Absorbing Cell Technology" (A.C.T.); This unique process allows color correct dyes to be applied to optically pure, wafer thin absorbing cells and offers a controllability that ensures the smoothest grad lines and consistent color across the whole filter surface.
- This process is revolutionary compared with conventional filter dying techniques by eliminating the need to directly coat the glass surface itself; The repeatable performance gained through A.C.T. ensures that at any time you have to swap like filters for like filters mid shoot you can do so with confidence with no discernable differences in color or density.
- Each filter is guaranteed flatness to a maximum 2-wave value and comes with an individual reading from a laser interferometer; Every filter is carefully verified with a densitometer and spectrophotometer to ensure consistent and accurate transmission, before leaving the factory - the result is an absolute purity of image that eliminates any unwanted colorcast caused by conventional greenish soda-lime glass.
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
- Deepens blue skies
- Improves contrast
- Penetrates haze