Each Quantum FW10w FreeXWire Digital Transceiver can be used as a radio transmitter or receiver, or relay unit. The FreeXWire creates a two-way link between the camera, flash, and photographer. One FreeXWire unit signals a remote FreeXWire to trigger a flash or camera, and the remote sends back confirmation that it received the signal.
Four FreeXWires can serve as two send/receive systems, operating on two different Channels. Or all FreeXWires can be set on the same Channel so that they can operate as one system - a transmitter and three receivers.
The FreeXWire FW10w has been updated to be compatible with the Quantum Qflash T5d to provide full wireless TTL operation when used with the Dw series QTTL adapters.
Might require additional cables or accessories, depending on flash and/or camera used, please click here to see a complete FreeXWire component chart.
- 8 Independent Channels
- FreeXWire has eight unique Channel Codes. FreeXWire units set to one Channel cannot activate FreeXWires set to different Channels. You control the Channel Code to make FreeXWire units work together or independently, as required. There are 32 individual Channel/Zone settings at your disposal, and 256 possible lighting combinations.
- 4 Zone Control Plus Local
- FreeXWire controls one Local Zone and four wireless Zones for flash or motor drive. You can activate any one Zone, or any combination of Zones 1,2,3,4 and Local. Switch your lighting instantly, remotely. Select and trigger flashes, cameras, or combinations of them, from your remote position.
- Wireless Digital Camera TTL
- A FreeXWire connected to a "Dw" series adapter transmits the camera's f/stop, ISO, and TTL information to any number of remote FreeXWire/Qflash combinations. A "local" Qflash will synchronize also.
- Wireless Auto
- Without a TTL adapter, a local Qflash & FreeWire can control exposures of any number of remote Qflash/FreeXWire combinations.
- Two Special Motor Drive Features
- Two-step cord keeps your camera meter and focus function continuously on (as in pressing the shutter button half way). The camera will be ready for instant shutter release. Or, select motor drive "delay" to command a camera to "wake up", focus and meter, then release the shutter.
- Flash Sequencer
- For action sports or fast fashion shoots, you can sequence up to 4 remote power packs, cameras or flashes. FreeXWire will activate the power packs in sequence, advancing to the next with each shot.
- Convenient Connections
- You can hot shoe sync with FreeXwire's optional Uni-Mod module, use twin blade sync cords, or numerous other cords. FreeXWires use Quantum's motor drive cords for remote wireless shutter.
- Small Size
- Compact and light, and antenna folds out of the way for compact storage.
- Confirmation and Status light tell you the radio link is working.