The Panasonic AJ-PCS060G is a hard disk storage device specifically for the P2 solid state memory cards used in DVCPRO-HD/50/25 camcorders. This unit is a rugged, portable hard disk with a P2 card slot that quickly transfers the content of P2 cards to an internal hard disk drive. The 2.5-inch 60GB hard disk drive can hold the contents of up to fifteen 4GB P2 cards, and the entire contents of a 4GB P2 card can be transferred to the internal hard disk drive in about four minutes.
- Field Acquisition
- The AJ-PCS060G has a shock-resistant magnesium alloy body and is equipped with special impact-absorbing materials to cushion the hard disk against shock and vibration. This unit is designed for use in punishing location production scenarios.
- Fast Transfers through USB
- After the P2 content has been transferred, the AJ-PCS060G can connect to a nonlinear editing system or server ingests PC via a USB 2.0 interface and appears as an external disk drive.
- Cost Efficiency
- In the field the AJ-PCS060G serves as an aggregation and transport device storing the contents of P2 cards and minimizing the number of P2 cards needed. Back at the studio it serves as a high-speed drive for transferring video into a station's local area network (LAN) or nonlinear editing system to speed access to the recorded content.
- Easy Operation
- For quick and easy operation, the AJ-PCS060G simply has a large start button. The drive also includes LED indicators for copy status, drive capacity, and battery life remaining. The drive supports Windows 2000, Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems. It runs on DC power, so you can use a 7.2 VDC battery (optional) or a 7.9 Volt AC adaptor (another optional accessory) to power it.