The 1037C from Genelec is a professional-quality three-way active monitor ideal for recording, mixing, mastering, and broadcasting applications in moderately-sized rooms. The sturdy cabinet houses three drivers; a 12" woofer, a 5" midrange driver, and a 1" metal dome tweeter so that each section of the audio frequency spectrum is properly represented. Each driver has its own dedicated amplifier for a strong, low-distortion performance.
The speaker is designed to perform well in a variety of rooms and installation positions. The Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide provides terrific stereo imaging and frequency balance, even in rooms that are not acoustically ideal. Rear-panel tone control switches for bass, mid, and treble provide further customization. For mounting, you can choose to use the monitor in a free-standing situation, or flush mount the monitor in a wall. The unit is magnetically shielded so it may be used near video monitors without worry.
Note! If flush-mounting the 1037C in a wall, it is recommended that the amplifier unit be removed from the cabinet and placed in a standard audio rack for easier control and proper heat dissipation.
- Active three-way monitor for moderately-sized rooms
- Wide frequency response with strong support thanks to the 12" woofer, 5" midrange driver, and 1" tweeter
- Three separate amplifiers, one for each driver, with a total combined power of 420W
- Directivity Controlled Waveguide for excellent imaging and frequency balance, even in rooms with poor acoustics
- Bass, mid, and treble tone control switches for customizing the monitor to your space
- Can be mounted vertically or horizontally by rotating the mid/tweeter unit
- May be flush-mounted in a wall 1
- Standard XLR input for wide compatibility
- Magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors