The Edirol R-4 Pro offers portable four-channel recording and editing with a wealth of useful features. The rugged construction and great sound of the R-4 are still found, but the R-4 Pro adds a larger hard drive, AES/EBU support, SMPTE time code and more.
Discreetly monitor each of the four channels. Extend your recording time with industry-standard battery packs. Record up to 116 hours of audio on the internal drive. Connect any standard USB drive for fast back-ups of your work. All this and more with the R-4 Pro.
Wave editing and built-in effects such as 3-band EQ, noise gate, and de-esser make tweaking your audio a snap. You can even record and play back without any other equipment, using the R-4 Pro's built-in microphones and speakers.
The professional sound quality, numerous features, and usefulness in a number of applications make the R-4 Pro a great choice for any sound recordist or videographer.
- 4-Channel Recording
- Record on all four channels simultaneously with discreet monitoring for each channel.
- Analog and Digital I/O
- AES/EBU digital connections along with standard analog XLR connectors allow great flexibility.
- High-Quality Preamps
- Specially designed for field recording, the preamps offer excellent sound quality
- SMPTE Time Code
- Slave the R-4 Pro to a video camera or VCR, or make it the master and slave a device to it.
- On-Board Limiter
- Helps deliver a stable recording free of clipped sounds.
- 80 GB Hard Drive
- Lots of internal storage allows up to 116 hours of recording.
- 24-bit/192kHz Linear Recording
- Totally uncompressed audio for outstanding quality.
- Built-In Stereo Microphones
- Two omni-directional condenser microphones allow you to record without extra equipment, if desired.
- Pre-Record Function
- The R-4 Pro is always "listening", so even if you're a few seconds behind on getting to the record button, you won't lose anything on the recording.
- Computer Linking
- Connect the R-4 Pro to your Mac or PC via USB 2.0 for high-speed data transfer, or use the R-4 Pro as an external 80 GB drive. You can also connect a USB flash drive to the R-4 Pro for quick, ultra-portable backup or sharing.
- Wave Editing
- Watch the waveforms on the built-in LCD. Use the shuttle/jog wheel to set edit points quickly and easily.
- Multiple Power Options
- Plug the unit into a wall outlet with the AC adapter, use 8 AA batteries, or use an external battery via the 4-pin XLR power input.
- Built-In Effects
- Includes 3-band EQ, graphic EQ, noise gate, enhancer, comp, and de-esser.