The 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens from Sony is designed for cropped ASP-C image sensors, and when used on these camera bodies its focal length becomes the 35mm equivalent of a 112.5-450mm telephoto zoom. This lens is constructed of 13 elements in 10 groups which combine to deliver sharp, clear photos throughout the zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 4.9' and a front-end filter diameter of 55mm.
Its aperture varies depending on the focal length you choose, and will gradually increase from f/4.5 to f/5.6, or f/28 to 32, as the chosen focal length increases. It also has 7x circular aperture blades that work to produce smooth, out of focus background effects.
- 112.5-450mm (35mm Equivalent) 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- Having been built for cropped image sensors, you can easily capture close-ups with this far-reaching zoom lens. Shoot with a wide range of focal lengths ranging from 112.5-450mm on cropped APS-C size cameras, without having to swap lenses.
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-32
- In addition to the changing focal lengths, the lens' aperture also increases from f/4.5 to 5.6 at the wide end, and f/28 to 32 at the narrow end.
- For Alpha & Minolta Maxxum Series DSLRs
- Designed with full-frame and APS-C sized sensors in mind, it is compatible with any of the Sony Alpha or Minolta Maxxum series DSLR cameras.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.