Featuring Maksutov-Cassegrain optics, the Celestron NexStar 4 SE is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing celestial or terrestrial subjects. With a weight of just 21 lb (9.5 kg) including the tripod, the ultra-portable 4 SE features a precision optical system with 1,325 mm focal length at 13, and is the first Maksutov system from Celestron to feature StarBright XLT multi coatings.
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings
- SkyAlign allows alignment on any three bright celestial objects, making for a rapid, efficient alignment process. It then functions as a 'go-to' system accepting commands through the handset and pointing the optical assembly toward any one of nearly 40,000 objects stored in its database. Using the (optional) CN-16 GPS accessory connection and an external GPS (not included), alignment is entirely automatic.
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of the telescope with a PC
- StarPointer finderscope helps with alignment and locating objects
- Flash-upgradeable hand control software and motor control units by way of downloadable updates
- Robust, computerized altazimuth mount
- Star Diagonal internal flip mirror for straight or 90-degree viewing angle. May also be used to rapidly switch from the eyepiece to a camera without disturbing telescope alignment
- Exceptionally sturdy steel tripod for rapier-sharp astrophotography