The Lemur from JazzMutant, distributed by Cycling 74, is a 12" LCD touch-screen software controller that can track multiple finger motions simultaneously. The included JazzEditor application for both Mac OS X and Windows XP, allows the user to create various interfaces utilizing "drag and drop" switches, faders and other "Objects". These interfaces can then be saved and called up at will.
The controller communicates using Open Sound Control (OSC) over a 100-baseT Ethernet cable. This protocol has numerous advantages over MIDI and is currently supported by such applications as Max/MSP and REAKTOR. Control is not limited to linear functionality. Objects can be attached to arbitrary mathematical expressions to transform movements into ranges that are more appropriate for the task at hand.
A new plug-in, Mu brings ultimate integration between the Lemur controller and Ableton Live, making controlling the software easier, faster and more intuitive. The plug-in allows you to turn off your computer screen and resume control of Live completely and intuitively from a single multi-touch screen.
Powered by Max for Live, Mu gives instant automatic integration with any Live set, even existing Live sets. There's no programming to be done - simply drag and drop the Mu Max for Live Device on to the Master Track and the Lemur controller is ready to allow deeper integration with Live than has ever been possible before.
With just a tap of the finger Mu displays exactly what you need. A Clip Launcher shows the name, color and the playing status of clips in your session. The Clip Launcher can also be dynamically resized to suit the way you work. Or simply select any Live device from any track and Mu brings up a custom graphical interface that makes controlling multiple parameters quick, easy and totally intuitive.
Mu is free for all existing Lemur owners.
- Performance oriented touch-screen controller with the ability to create multiple, custom interfaces
- Utilizes a 12" LCD with 800 x 600 resolution
- Includes editing software for creating interfaces utilizing "drag and drop" objects, such as faders, multi-state buttons, knobs, ring dials and more
- In addition to taking on any size or shape, the interface objects have "physical" properties including friction, evaporation and smoothness
- Each object can be labeled with the name of the parameter it is controlling, in addition its numerical value
- The two-way nature of OSC allows the Lemur to display numerical status information sent to it from the computer, which allows for tracking the computer's status without the computer being nearby
- Mu Plug-In
- Instant auto-integration with any existing Live set - simply drag and drop the Mu Max for Live Device on to the Master track
- No programming or other MIDI knowledge required - the Mu Max templates and presets are all included and ready to go
- Comprehensive remote control allows you to perform with an instrument, not a computer
- Auto-dynamic Mapping means you'll never have to assign MIDI ever again
- Clip launcher shows ALL relevant clip information - total hands-on control of Live without needing to look at your computer monitor
- Instantly resizable clip launcher - you choose how many tracks and scenes to display
- Intuitive Live Audio Effects Matrix - select an effect simply by touching it
- Unique graphical interface for every audio effect - all effects aren't born equal - use the prefect interface each time
- Use supplied effect interfaces or create and share your own - make effects interfaces that match your needs
- Building blocks allow for quick and easy custom programming - build your own custom interface for Live