The Archival Methods 2.75 x 9-5/8" HD Poly Envelope protects prints, films and drawings from damaging effects of handling, dust, pollution and moisture. Because this envelope is free of static cling and doesn't attract dust, it is ideal for protecting negatives and transparencies, as well as pastels or charcoal drawings.
This envelope is far better for storage than traditional glassine envelopes. Although not clear enough for fine examination of contents, the preservation characteristics of this envelope make it a worthwhile purchase.
Archival Methods offers you a way to keep your fine and delicate negs and transparencies free from scratches.
- These envelopes are made of High-Density polyethylene, which has a translucent or frosted appearance
- The anti-static qualities of the material reduces the risk of scratching or abrasion from entrapped dust particles
- HD polyethylene is one of the few plastic sheet material with no slip agents added to the surface; other polyethylene, polyester and polypropylene need slip agents to prevent the plastic from sticking to it self in rolls or sheets
- Envelopes are archival and meet the standards for plastic enclosures in ISO 18902. www.ansi.org
- Sealed on three sides with a 1/8" lip on the open side for ease of use